29 Kasım 2014 Cumartesi

#3rd Week (21.11.14)

Hello :)
I'm going to share my third week experiences. As time goes, I become aware of what i should pay attention during the intern and post on my blog. I hope i could reflect all my opinion and experiences. 

At 3rd grade, "People I love" unit is learnt in this week. Students learn adjectives like big,fast,heavy,thin,small,old,young and how to make sentences by using "am,is,are".

They learn through repeating the adjectives how to pronounce and translate into Turkish. Pronouncing is very important for Mrs. Ergur. When a student pronounce improperly, she corrects them right away. 



There is an Ask and Answer activity in the student book. Mrs. Ergur asked students to cut the related pictures. Students like the cutting activities as i observed. I helped some students who couldn't cut appropriately. After cutting was completed, teacher asked some questions about pictures like "Is the green ball big?" "Is the lion weak?". Then she wanted some students to ask their friends that they chose. 

In my opinion, this activity can be active more. Students could cut pictures in 6 instead of using a whole paper and they would have 6 pieces of pictures. Teacher would ask them to choose 3 of the pictures and prepare 3 questions about the related pictures. Every students stand up, walk around and ask 3 friends and wait for answers. It's not too much time consuming but good for mobility in class for young learners, because they cannot sit for a long time at their desks, we cannot hope it. My suggested activity has a disadvantage also, i know, teacher cannot control all students and correct their falses but advantages is more, i think :)


Anyway! Mrs. Ergur controls the class everytime by asking "Do you hear your friend?" "Do you understand the question?". It's a good way to manage class and check what they know or not.



Mrs. Ergur chose the best students at the end of every lessons according to their interactions with their friends and teacher, their responses and attendance the lessons. She gives plus and minus to every student and 3-5 students who she chose best, are given some stickers as reward. Students consider important to take some stickers, they compete with their classmates.

My mentor gives some homeworks and projects for students. For this week, the homework is writing adjectives 4 times and memory them.


That's all to share with you, my dear friends.
Thank you.

<3





1 yorum:

  1. I agree with you that this activity is too weak to teach adjectives and am,is, are

    YanıtlaSil

Shoot me.! :)